top of page
SWLA (Southwest Louisiana) Process Service Logo
Southwest Louisiana Process Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How long does it take to serve a paper?

A: Our Process servers routinely serve papers within 1-5 days of receiving a paper.

Q: What is the difference between a Standard and Urgent service?

A: Both options are requested when a paper or filing has to be done quick! A Standard service is completed in 4-5 days and an Urgent service is completed on the same day if requested, or within 48 hours.

Q: What happens if my paper doesn't get served?

A: If a paper cannot get served our process server will sign a form of "Due Diligence" detailing their attempts to serve the paper. This form can be filed and brought to court.

Q: What if I don't know exactly where a person lives to serve them?

A: If you need us to serve someone, but don't know where they are located, we can perform a "Skip Trace." This is a program that allows us to find a person's most recent address. To make our search more accurate we need either the person's date of birth, previous address, or social security number if known.

Q: I'm interested, how do I get started?

A: If you're interested in using our services, start by sending your documents to After you've sent us your paperwork and the documents are reviewed, an Invoice will be sent to you by email. Submit your payment and we'll take care of the rest from there!

Q: What should I expect after I send over all my paperwork?

A: After we receive your documents and requests, we will review your documents and proceed as you requested. After the server has completed the assignment, they will sign and email you a "Proof of Service." This form states the date, time and location the individual was served. You can either have us file the proof of service, or we can send you the un-filed proof of service for you to file.

Q: What is a CT Corporation or a Corporation Service Company (CSC)?

A: When a large corporation such as WalMart, McDonalds, The Home Depot, Lauberge, The Golden Nugget, Citgo, Exxon Mobile, AirBnb, Best Buy, Target, Sam's Club, Lowe's...etc must be served legal documents, a CT Corporation or a Corporation Service Company (CSC) will accept their court papers as their “Registered Agent”. We provide this service to all our clients.

SWLA Process Logo


Call us today!

Brandon Lavan, LPI

Telephone: 337-246-0566


bottom of page